With more than 20 years of working with healthcare industry clients, Lynn Sessions focuses her practice on healthcare operations and regulatory work, with an emphasis on healthcare privacy and data security, breach response, and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance.
Having previously served as in-house counsel and director of several departments at a nationally ranked children’s hospital, Lynn collaborates closely with healthcare clients and approaches her legal representation from a client’s perspective.
Lynn is a frequent speaker on a range of topics affecting health industry clients, including HIPAA compliance, data breach response, cyber and network security, enterprise risk management, the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA), handling adverse patient events, and insurance and risk financing.
- Has responded to more than 250 post-breach investigations from the OCR and state attorneys general arising from large and small data breaches reported by covered entities, and has successfully defended healthcare organizations in these investigations.
- Represents educational institutions regarding data breaches, including breach analysis, breach response, crisis management and regulatory reports.
- Advises with large non-healthcare employers on HIPAA issues for their self-insured health plans and with on-site provider clinics on HIPAA compliance, including policies and procedures, business associate arrangements, and sharing of employee information.
- Conducted an audit of a top children’s hospital’s risk management department and advised on departmental and operational changes for improved function within the hospital.
- Advises hospitals and large physician practices on informed consent, release of patient information, affiliation agreements and privileging of peer review and quality review activities.
- AHLA Enterprise Risk Management Task Force: Vice Chair
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Risk and Insurance Management Society
- American Bar Association
- Children at Risk: Board of Directors, Chair of Development
- Immunization Partnership: Board of Directors
- J.D., Baylor Law School, 1993, Order of Barristers
- B.A., Texas A&M University, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
Rate : $$$$