Bruce Harper helps clients who need to protect, commercialize or use intellectual property, such as patents, copyrights, or computer software. His clients include developers and owners of intellectual property, and those who seek to commercialize, acquire or license the intellectual property of others.
Clients who need assistance with any technology law or IP-related matter may benefit from Bruce’s extensive experience. Examples include:
- Evaluating inventions and creative works, developing strategies for protection
- Drafting and negotiating licensing agreements
- Intellectual property due diligence
- Software development, implementation, and licensing, including drafting agreements for Software-as-a-Service
- Intellectual property protection issues including patent prosecution, research and development agreements, such as agreements with university and government laboratories
- Assistance in transactions in the commercial space launch industry
- Software, cyberlaw, and associated internet issues
- Drafting and filing patent applications
- Government contract IP and software issues
As a patent attorney, Bruce’s technical background is electro-mechanical. He has experience in power generation and distribution, nuclear engineering, materials sciences, software development and manufacturing processes, among others.
Prior to joining the firm, Bruce was intellectual property manager at a public university, where he was responsible for all aspects of the technology transfer program. In addition, he has performed patent prosecution for the office of the patent counsel at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia.
For nine years, Bruce was a nuclear engineer and naval officer with the U.S. Navy, including tours that involved the testing of newly constructed aircraft carrier nuclear power plants and the contractual oversight of a complex refueling and overhaul. Any client in this field knows that a misstep can lead to a loss of intellectual property rights. Practical and timely counsel can assist in achieving a level of protection that makes sense.
Rate : $$$