M.C. Cravatta represents both private and public sector management clients in connection with a wide variety of complex labor and employment matters. As a litigator, M.C. practices in both state and federal court, and regularly handles both single-employee lawsuits and class and collective action litigation.
She also counsels clients on all aspects of labor-management relations. As part of her traditional labor practice, M.C. helps negotiate collective bargaining agreements and represents management in grievance arbitrations.
Additionally, she effectively counsels and advises clients regarding compliance with anti-discrimination and wage and hour laws and regulations. M.C. understands that labor and employment issues involve real people and real business concerns.
She enjoys collaborating with her clients to create effective and creative solutions that not only address their legal obligations and responsibilities, but also serve the best interests of their organizations as a whole.
- Represented transportation client in putative class and collective wage and hour action and successfully recovered all fees spent defending against motion for protective order filed by plaintiffs.
- Represented food service client in civil rights litigation and successfully obtained summary judgment on all claims.
- Represented sports management client in putative class and collective action and successfully resolved matter by negotiating a settlement that did not involve any monetary payment to the named plaintiff.
- Represented leading energy client against claims of sexual harassment, negligent retention and intentional infliction of emotional distress and successfully moved to dismiss common law claims with prejudice.
- First-chaired a grievance arbitration on behalf of public sector transportation client.
- Participated in contract negotiations on behalf of public sector transportation client and private sector hospitality client.
- Prepares and leads training designed for management and non-management employees.
- Drafts various employment documents, including employment contracts, severance agreements, and employment handbooks and policies.
- Federal Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association: Labor and Employment Section
Community : Junior League of Orlando
- J.D., William & Mary Law School, 2014, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Executive Editor, William & Mary Law Review
- B.A., History of Art & Psychology, Yale University, 2011, with honors
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$$