With more than 20 years’ experience representing civil litigants in a wide variety of areas, M. Charles Collins, member, is firmly resolved to assisting his clients in finalizing their disputes, rather than pursuing unnecessary litigation avenues that fail to advance matters to completion. His Midwest and corporate background taught him the need to address issues before they become problems.
Subsequent to his graduation from Fort Recovery High School, Mr. Collins earned a double major in criminal justice and business administration from Defiance College. After a period of time serving Defiance County as a juvenile probation officer, Mr. Collins earned his MBA from Minnesota State University, Mankato.
He then joined a major computer services provider in Dallas, Texas, serving as a financial analyst for that firm’s domestic operations and thereafter its joint venture operations in Seoul, Korea. Upon his return to the United States, he obtained a law degree from the University of Toledo and began practicing with Eastman & Smith in 1995.
- University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., 1995
- Mankato State University, M.B.A., 1989
- Defiance College, B.S. (Criminal Justice and Business Administration), 1986
- Ohio, 1995
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
EXPERIENCE : Mr. Collins has litigated a diverse variety of matters in commercial, probate, personal injury, property and professional malpractice arenas:
- Successfully defended credit unions throughout Ohio on issues involving lender liability, contract and tort claims.
- Both defended and prosecuted probate and non-probate asset claims and also represented probate clients in contested guardianship matters.
- Represents a nationwide trucking firm by defending its interests in personal injury lawsuits and likewise assists a national railroad carrier in property, eminent domain and other matters.
- Is experienced in representing shareholders in company disputes and large and small businesses in trade secret and non-compete agreement enforcement.
Additionally, Mr. Collins has argued on three separate occasions before the Supreme Court of Ohio and on many occasions in various appellate districts throughout the state. He has presented successful oral arguments before the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and practices in both the Northern and Southern federal district courts in this state. He also has successfully opposed multiple certiorari efforts filed in the United States Supreme Court.
When not practicing law, Mr. Collins serves on the board of trustees of his alma mater Defiance College. He is an elder with Garden Park Christian Church in Monclova, Ohio, teaching on a variety of Biblical topics as a Sunday School and small group leader.
Rate : $$$