Pillsbury senior partner M. David Minnick has been repeatedly recognized by Chambers USA for Bankruptcy/Restructuring and was named a “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers. Dave is the leader of the firm wide Financial Services Industry Group in addition to being the West Coast leader for Pillsbury’s Insolvency & Restructuring practice.
He represents financial institutions, lenders, landlords and other creditors in troubled financial situations, as well as buyers of businesses and assets from bankruptcies. Dave represents agents, syndicates and individual creditors dealing with distressed businesses.
He handles workouts and restructurings as well as creditors’ rights enforcement litigation and bankruptcy proceedings. Dave counsels parties on risks when dealing with a potentially insolvent target or counterparty.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Recovered full $68 million loan to a bankrupt multistate dairy and calf-raising operation, plus attorney’s fees/expenses, for a lender despite its second priority position on several dairy and ranch loans.
- Represented agent bank for $150 million syndicated loan to borrowers providing digital advertising based on personally identifiable information while also operating a prominent social media site.
- Hired to reverse adverse judgment against financial institution’s nationwide procedures for Chapter 7 debtors’ bank accounts. Obtained 9th Circuit decision validating client’s procedures. Defeated multiple related sanctions and class actions.
- Represented agent for $325 million secured loan syndicate resulting in full repayment from borrower involved in consumer rental business nationally and internationally. Matter also involved significant second lien lender syndicate and intercreditor agreements.
- Represented agent for syndicate with $65 million in credit to borrower providing FCC-regulated products and services that were the subject of ongoing disputes with agency. Matter involved second lien lender and equity sponsor.
- Represented lender to borrowers with one of largest table grape and raisin operations in the country resulting in a restructuring with multiple related parties and extensive real estate collateral to secure obligations.
- Represented lender to borrowers with significant almond growing orchards and an almond processing facility involving issues with regard to the rights of growers and processors under California and federal law.
- Represented $75 million lender in bankruptcy of largest grower and distributor of palm trees in country, resulting in recoveries of 150% above value estimated by lender estimated for loan and collateral.
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1972
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1968
ADMISSIONS : California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central and Eastern Districts of California
Rate : $$$$