Derek Harris is a commercial litigator and trial lawyer. Derek has tried cases in the areas of product liability, healthcare, business torts and real estate in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. He also has extensive experience with class action, commercial contract, construction, and creditors’ rights litigation.
Derek has served as lead counsel on cases in multiple areas of law and provided legal assistance through all phases of litigation including discovery, motions practice, mediation, and bench and jury trials. His practice focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation defending manufacturing clients in product liability litigation and defending hospitals in healthcare litigation.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2002)
- University of Delaware (B.A., 1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Florida State Courts
- Georgia State Courts
Rate : $$$$