Madalyn K. Doucet represents employers in all phases of the employment relationship, advising clients on compliance with federal and state laws and representing them in labor and employment disputes.
Maddie’s practice focuses on providing effective advice and efficient solutions to employers facing a wide range of labor and employment issues. From the initial employment application to the end of the employment relationship, she counsels clients on compliance with laws and regulations, and defends them when necessary in investigations, employment and labor disputes and related litigation.
Before attending law school, Maddie was both employed by and an owner of small businesses, and she understands that managing the employment relationship is a critical piece of achieving larger business objectives.
As part of her practice, Maddie stays apprised of the latest legal developments and their implications for her clients, including: state and local discrimination, leave and drug testing laws; class action litigation against employers under the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and OSHA rulemaking and implementation.
Maddie is a contributing author to the firm’s Employment & Labor Perspectives blog.
In addition to her labor and employment practice, Maddie spends time representing low-income clients in pro bono matters in Virginia and DC.
- Counsels employers on compliance with federal and state laws, including drug testing laws, disability accommodation, discrimination and harassment laws, and health and safety regulations
- Conducts audits of employers’ background check processes, providing advice and recommendations for compliance with federal, state and local laws
- Represents employers in investigation and enforcement matters before occupational safety and health agencies
- Defends class and collective action lawsuits, including misclassification under the Fair Labor Standards Act and violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act stemming from the performance of background checks
- Represents employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state agencies in the defense of charges of discrimination
- Advises and represents employers in labor matters, including successfully defending unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board, obtaining dismissals on behalf of a major retailer
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, cum laude, 2017
- BA, Bryan College, summa cum laude, 2012
- District of Columbia
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$