Mrs. Madeleine Simmons is an equity partner in Morgan & Morgan’s Atlanta office. She is dedicated to representing individuals who have been injured due to the negligence of others. She believes that wrongdoers should be held accountable for their actions, and that the most important thing a lawyer can do is fight injustice.
Mrs. Simmons is from Southern California and graduated with a Journalism degree from the University of Oklahoma. While in college, she was a news anchor for the University of Oklahoma’s daily newscast and an intern for the Oklahoma State Senate.Mrs. Simmons received her Juris Doctorate from Georgia State University College of Law where she was Vice President of the Student Trial Lawyers Association and Pro Bono Editor for GSU Law’s student newspaper.
She competed as a student advocate in mock trial competitions in Georgia, Illinois, and Kentucky, and received a “perfect score” from the judges while competing in Puerto Rico.
Mrs. Simmons represented GSU Law in the American Bar Association Arbitration competition, where her team won the national title. Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan, Mrs. Simmons clerked for an insurance defense firm and the U.S. Department of Labor Office of the Solicitor.
In addition to Mrs. Simmons’ dedication to trial work is her passion for giving back to the community. Mrs. Simmons is involved in several charitable organizations, including Big Brothers Big Sisters and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. She attends First Christian Church, Disciples of Christ.
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Alpha Chi Omega
- State Bar of Florida
- Selected to the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association’s LEAD Leadership Class, 2013-2014
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association New Lawyers Division Community Outreach Chair, 2013-2014
- Verdict Magazine Editorial Board Member, 2013-Present
- Named to Attorney at Law Magazine’s “Attorneys to Watch in 2014”
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association New Lawyers Division Education Chair, 2014-2015
- Civil Justice Political Action Committee (PAC) Board Member, 2014-Present
Rate : $$$$