Madison Hatten defends multinational companies in complex product liability litigation, focusing especially on claims involving pharmaceuticals and medical devices. As a member of numerous case and trial teams, she has worked on all stages of litigation, from initial discovery through trial.
Madison has represented Fortune 500 pharmaceutical and medical device companies in complex litigation in a number of state and federal jurisdictions.
Madison has been a member of several teams defending clients in multidistrict litigation, including a bellwether trial (Cardenas v. Boston Scientific Corp.) in the pelvic mesh litigation, one of the largest complex cases currently pending in the United States.
Madison’s work includes taking depositions, drafting motions and briefs, and preparing expert and company witnesses. She has drafted motions for summary judgment that have disposed of central claims and of cases entirely, leading to favorable pretrial outcomes for her client.
Pro bono work is also important to Madison. She has assisted families with adoption proceedings by representing them at hearings, and has successfully defended juveniles in family court.
In 2017, she received the Kansas Bar Association Pro Bono Award, given annually to lawyers who provide direct legal services to the poor or to charitable organizations serving the poor.
- J.D., University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law, 2013 (Certificate in Dispute Resolution)
- Bachelor of Journalism, University of Missouri – Columbia, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Bar Leadership Academy, Graduate (2016)
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri
Rate : $$$$