Maggy M. Athanasious represents and counsels private and public employers in all aspects of employment and labor law, including discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, wage and hour, management/labor relations and collective bargaining issues.
Prior to joining Littler, Maggy was an associate at another law firm, where she represented school districts and other local educational agencies in labor and employment matters.
Maggy represents clients in state and federal court, as well as before the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor Standards Enforcement, and the Public Employment Relations Board.
She has experience handling a broad range of labor matters for public sector clients including school district, county office of education, joint powers authority and transportation agency clients.
In addition to advising clients on contract interpretation, compliance issues and the application of the Educational Employment Relations Act and the Meyers-Milias-Brown Act, she has assisted clients with grievance dispute resolution, arbitrations, unfair labor practice proceedings, unit modification, decertification, impasse and fact-finding procedures, and unilateral contract implementation following impasse. She also has experience serving as chief spokesperson in labor contract negotiations.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 2007
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
Rate : $$$