Maha Khalaj focuses her practice on intellectual property/technology licensing and other complex commercial agreements. Prior to joining the firm, Maha was an intellectual property attorney in the Atlanta, Georgia office of a national law firm where she focused her practice on complex patent and trademark issues, including procurement, enforcement, clearance, design around options, risk management, infringement, and validity.
As a registered patent attorney, she also prepared and prosecuted patent applications, both domestically and internationally, for clients in the biotechnology, medical device, and mechanical technology fields.
Before attending law school, Maha worked at a medical device company that developed a wireless sensing and communication technology used to improve the management of severe chronic cardiovascular diseases.
Maha is fluent in Farsi (Persian).
- Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, J.D. (2013) CALI Award IP Licensing
- Georgia State University, M.S., Biology (2008)
- Georgia State University, B.S., Biology (2005)
- Georgia (2013)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2016)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
Rate : $$$$