Mahesh Nayak concentrates his practice in litigation and business law. He regularly engages in international and cross-border matters. Prior to joining private practice in 1999, Mahesh served both as Assistant Attorney General with the Michigan Attorney General’s Office and as a criminal prosecutor with the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office in Detroit, Michigan. Mahesh had the advantage of trying many cases at a young age.
- Mahesh serves as a trusted advisor to business owners and executives, who rely closely on his plain spoken and practical advice. He regularly counsels businesses ranging from physicians practices, automotive manufacturers and suppliers, retail and services clients, and IT services providers in wide ranging day-to-day operational issues spanning from employment and immigration matters, contract drafting and negotiation, corporate formation, maintenance of trade secrets and intellectual property, liability deterrence, and tax and estate planning.
- Mahesh has successfully represented Fortune 500 corporations, government bodies, small businesses and individuals alike in matters ranging from corporate and shareholder disputes, patent infringement, environmental class actions, real estate disputes, non-compete disputes, and commercial litigation under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC). Mahesh also has substantial experience in cross-border disputes.
- Mahesh was born in India, and has been a life-long resident of Michigan. As founder and leader of Dickinson Wright’s India Practice, Mahesh has represented both Indian business expanding into the United States and overseen the firm’s North American clients’ interests in India.
- Albion College, B.A., 1992
- University of Detroit Mercy Law School, J.D., 1995
- London, International Law Studies, England, 1995
- 2018 Judicial Candidate Evaluator, Detroit Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association – Co-Chair, Business Court Committee
- Oakland County Circuit Court, Case Evaluator
- State Bar of Michigan, Intellectual Property and Litigation Sections
- State Bar of Michigan, Special Taskforce for Practice of Law in the 21st Century
Rate : $$$