Mahmoud Baki Fadlallah has been based in the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) since 2012. He counsels clients across a broad range of sectors on how U.S. law is applied to non-U.S. entities and operations, particularly with respect to global investigations and compliance with international sanctions, export controls and anticorruption laws.
Mac advises extensively on a number of key U.S. statutes, including:
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) regulations on listed chemicals and controlled substances.
Mac also provides advice related to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), the nuclear deal reached between the international community and Iran, as well as in the evolving sanctions environment between the United States and Iran.
He counsels companies on the sanctions considerations around Iran-related business. These include secondary sanctions exposure and associated risks, such as Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) disclosure obligations, contractual safeguards and U.S. state divestment policies.
- Partner in charge of the Dubai office.
- Focuses on the application of U.S. law to non-U.S. entities and operations.
- Handles matters related to global investigations, international sanctions, export controls and anticorruption laws.
- Advising funds and other investment vehicles on conducting due diligence and establishing compliance safeguards to mitigate sanctions, export controls and anticorruption risks.
- Conducting internal compliance investigations of possible FCPA, ITAR, EAR or OFAC regulations and related company policies, and facilitating compliance audits.
- Developing and implementing compliance policies and procedures, with an emphasis on non-U.S. entities.
- Assessing non-U.S. entities’ compliance with applicable U.S. sanctions, export controls, and anticorruption law and regulations.
- Negotiating compliance contractual provisions, including for and against lenders in facility and other lending agreements.
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, 2008
- B.A., University of Michigan, with distinction, 2004
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$