Mahsa Aliaskari is senior counsel in the Immigration Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Los Angeles office. Since 2000, Ms. Aliaskari has partnered and guided companies and individuals across the U.S. and abroad in various circumstances, including:
- Temporary residence and employment visas for professionals, extraordinary ability workers, entertainers and athletes in the H-1B, E-3, TN, O and P visa categories.
- Entrepreneur and Investor visas and permanent residence in the E visa category for treaty traders and investors, as well as the L-1 visa category for intracompany executives, managers and employees.
- Immigrant visa sponsorships across employment based categories including for those with extraordinary abilities, multinational executives, professionals and skilled workers under the PERM labor certification program.
Ms. Aliaskari’s practice also focuses on advice and counsel in the EB-5 Immigrant Investor program. She works with high net worth foreign nationals pursuing legal permanent resident status in the U.S. through both direct investment as well as investment in regional center projects.
In addition, Ms. Aliaskari works with clients seeking to utilize the EB-5 Regional Center program to raise capital for projects in the U.S. Working with clients across a variety of industries, she counsels them on ensuring compliance with EB-5 regulations, the creation of new regional centers, amendments of regional center designations and partnering with existing regional centers for EB-5 capital raises.
Compliance is another component of Ms. Aliaskari’s practice, representing companies facing U.S. government investigations or audits for immigration violations. Her practice includes performing I-9 and H-1B compliance counseling during routine internal reviews, or while performing due diligence (in the context of a merger, acquisition or sale).
Working with small and large organizations in developing comprehensive immigration and compliance policies, Ms. Aliaskari guides clients in designing policies that minimize exposure and liability.
- J.D., American University Washington College of Law (2000)
- Assistant Publications Editor, Law Journal
- B.A. in Government and Politics, George Mason University (1997)
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Invest In the USA
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$