Maitry S. Patel focuses her practice on patent prosecution, intellectual property licensing, patent infringement defense strategy, patent portfolio lot analysis, early case and litigation risk assessment and claim charting for directed prosecution.
She also writes for Shook’s “Cloud IPQ: Enhancing Your Cloud IP” blog. She has handled patents in electrical and communications industries and has created hardware and software solutions for agricultural companies, gaining insight into the challenges of companies involved in mechanical technologies.
During law school, Maitry clerked for Special Master Lisa Hamilton-Fieldman, U.S. Court of Federal Claims. She also served as a patent extern, working on office action drafting in the Electrical Engineering department of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in Alexandria, Virginia.
Maitry also did externships at the K&L Gates IP Clinic and Michael Best & Friedrich, and was a summer associate at the Global IP Law Group.
As an undergraduate, she worked as a controls assistant at Zucrow Laboratory, generating and using wiring schematics in hybrid rockets, interned at LoadOut Technologies working on mobile applications and hardware, and was a research assistant at Purdue University testing Autopilot Cyber Security.
- J.D.. Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2017
- Intellectual Property Journal, Submissions Editor
- Dean’s List
- Giles Sutherland Rich Moot Court Competition
- Clerk to Special Master Lisa Hamilton-Fieldman, U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- South Asian Law Students Association, Vice President
- Intellectual Property Law Society, 1L Mentor
- B.S., Purdue University, 2013 (Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering – Control Systems, Cybersecurity)
- Orbital ATK S.P.A.C.E. Award for Spacecraft Mission Design
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- Federal Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Daley Center Self-Help Web Center, A2J Expert/Volunteer
- Mikva Challenge Chicago, Volunteer Judge
- Chicago-Kent Patent Hub, Pro Bono Volunteer
Rate : $$$$