Majk Kamami’s practice focuses on representing a diverse range of clients in complex structured finance transactions. Majk represents sponsors, issuers, underwriters, lenders, asset managers and mortgage servicers in structured finance transactions, with an emphasis on public and private issuances of mortgage-backed securities and asset-backed securities.
He also has a wide range of experience in capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate transactions.
- Represented oil and gas company, as borrower, in a $1.5 billion secured term loan, the proceeds of which were used to prepay outstanding commercial contract obligations of the lender.
- Represented borrower in a $388 million secured term loan, proceeds of which were used to purchase oil and gas equipment for midstream services.
- Represented issuer, in its $5.3 billion exchange offering of senior notes for senior secured notes secured by a first-priority security interest in 50.1 percent of the capital stock of issuer’s domestic subsidiary.
- Represented financial services company, in its capacity as trustee and collateral agent, in the $1.25 billion issuance of senior secured notes, and subsequent exchange of the notes, by a financial services company.
- Represented buyer in connection with $32.5 million acquisition of a food manufacturing and retail company.
- Represented senior secured lenders as stalking horse candidate of a women’s wellness retailer in connection with its 363 asset sale, and subsequent $22 million senior secured term loan.
- Represented seller, an information and hyper-computing company, in its 100 percent interest sale via management buyout.
- Represented investment adviser in its offshore restructuring of debt.
- JD, University of Chicago Law School, 2016
- BA, York University, summa cum laude, 2013
Rate : $$$