Malaika Caldwell’s practice focuses exclusively on employee benefits and executive compensation. She counsels employers, fiduciaries, plan sponsors and service providers in employee benefit matters. Malaika provides advice on a wide range of retirement plan design, governance and administration issues.
She also advises employers on welfare and executive compensation plans, and she represents employers in their dealings with the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor on employee plan correction matters.
Malaika revises plan documents, policies and summary plan descriptions for legal compliance with the Internal Revenue Code, ERISA and other applicable laws.
Prior to joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Malaika worked for another international firm in Chicago. She was previously an Investigator with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employee Benefits Security Administration.
- The John Marshall Law School, LL.M. in Employee Benefits (2012)
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D. (2011)
- Elmhurst College, B.S. in Human Resources Management (2007)
Bar Admissions : Indiana, Illinois
Professional Associations :
- Black Women’s Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association — Defined Benefit Plans Subcommittee
- Chicago Bar Association
Civic Activities : BUILD Chicago — Board of Directors
Rate : $$$