Ms. Malani J. Cademartori is a partner in the Finance & Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm’s New York office. Ms. Cademartori regularly counsels both international and domestic clients in the areas of corporate reorganization and restructuring, domestic and cross -border insolvencies, creditors’ rights, distressed acquisitions, insolvency-related securitization opinions, debtor-in-possession financing, and matters related to contract, lease and license issues in the insolvency and bankruptcy context.
Ms. Cademartori has represented a wide array of entities in these areas, including major creditors, institutional lenders, bondholder committees, and both strategic and financial purchasers of distressed assets in bankruptcy cases and out-of-court restructuring, and covering various industries, including, among others, retail, telecommunications, energy, pharmaceuticals, real estate, manufacturing, healthcare, aviation, trucking, and foreign infrastructure projects.
In addition, Ms. Cademartori has extensive experience advising and representing clients in the context of and in connection with membership on creditors’ committees in various cases and jurisdictions and in connection with pre-bankruptcy planning for creditors, vendors and secured lenders. Ms. Cademartori has also acted as debtor’s counsel in small to mid-size bankruptcy cases, and been engaged as pre-bankruptcy and work-out counsel for potential debtors.
In addition, Ms. Cademartori has experience in corporate mergers and acquisitions as well as intellectual property law, using this experience in assisting her clients through the bankruptcy process. Before joining Sheppard Mullin, Ms. Cademartori practiced with the law firm of Coudert Brothers LLP.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1999
- B.A., New York University, 1994, undergraduate honors
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. Bank Portfolio Services, as chairperson of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors, and largest unsecured creditor in the bankruptcy cases of Integral Nuclear Associates, Inc. et al., in the Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Acquisition of real property leases in the Levitz bankruptcy cases on behalf of Ashley Furniture Industries, and its affiliates, in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- U.S. Bank National Association, member of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors and Indenture Trustee in the case of RNI Wind Down Corp., et al., in the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, including successful negotiation and drafting of confirmed chapter 11 plan.
- Acquisition by Marathon Oil Company and Marathon Ashland Petroleum of liquid natural gas facilities in the Enron Corp. bankruptcy cases.
- Noteholders’ ad hoc committee and the indenture trustee in litigation and arbitration against, and the bankruptcy case of, Traffic Stream (BVI) Infrastructure Limited, concerning US$119 million of senior secured notes, in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the Peoples Republic of China and the United States.
- Norcent Technology, Inc. and Norcent Holdings, Inc. as debtors and debtors in possession, in the Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, Los Angeles Division.
Rate : $$$$