Malcolm J. (Mick) Tuesley is Senior Counsel in the Firm’s Litigation Department. Mick has significant experience representing clients in national security reviews before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) and assisting clients with related issues, including mitigation of foreign ownership, control or influence (FOCI) under industrial security regulations; export control compliance; and government contracting.
He has been involved with negotiating national security agreements for some of the largest and most complex transactions in the defense, energy, financial services, telecommunications and technology industries.
Mick has also served as regulatory counsel to several major broadcast networks in connection with the FCC’s media ownership review proceedings. He has also advised on all aspects of FCC regulations affecting broadcast and cable television and assisted on legislative matters. Mick has substantial experience representing clients before various committees of the U.S. Congress.
Experience prior to joining the Firm includes the representation of:
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company with the CFIUS aspects of its $8.8 billion sale of its software business to Micro Focus International plc
- Intel Corporation in its $4.2 billion joint venture with TPG Capital to form McAfee
- The AES Corporation and Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCO) in their acquisition of sPower for $1.6 billion
- Sprint Nextel in its $21.6 billion sale to SoftBank Corporation (recognized as the “Global M&A Deal of the Year: Grand Prize” by The American Lawyer and in the Corporate and Commercial category in the Financial Times’ 2013 U.S. “Innovative Lawyers” report) and its $2.2 billion acquisition of the 50% stake in Clearwire Corporation
- Blackberry in connection with compliance issues regarding access to classified information, Defense Security Service compliance issues and evaluation of potential transactions
Mick has been recognized by Chambers USA and Chambers Global. Mick received his J.D., cum laude, from Indiana University, Maurer School of Law and his B.S.B. with honors and distinction, from Indiana University, Kelley School of Business. He is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, Illinois and Indiana.
- Indiana University, Maurer School of Law, 1999 J.D.
- cum laude
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, 1996 B.S.B.
- with honors and distinction
Associations : American Bar Association
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$