Malika Levarlet is a special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Ms. Levarlet’s practice focuses on advising international and domestic companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, cross-border transactions, joint ventures, complex commercial agreements, and corporate governance.
She represents clients operating in a wide range of industries including technology, hospitality, healthcare, financial services, and aerospace and defense. Ms. Levarlet also counsels international and domestic clients regarding compliance with U.S. trade and antitrust laws and regulations, including those pertaining to mergers and consumer protection.
She regularly assists clients in conducting internal investigations and responding to Governmental inquiries in these areas. Aside from her practice, Ms. Levarlet, a native of France, is an Adjunct Professor at American University, Washington College of Law, where she teaches a course on Principles of French Law. Ms. Levarlet is also an active member of Sheppard Mullin’s Pro Bono Committee.
- Representing BICS, a global provider of international wholesale connectivity and interoperability services based in Belgium, in connection with its acquisition of TeleSign Corporation, a U.S. provider of authentication and mobile identity services to Internet and digital service providers.
- Represented Riordan Lewis & Haden (RLH) in connection with the acquisition of an analytics and cybersecurity company serving the intelligence and defense communities.
- Represented Ardian North America Direct Buyouts in connection with its acquisition of Italy-based Dynamic Technologies S.p.A., a maker of automotive fluid-handling systems and precision aluminum parts.
- Represented Arlington Capital Partners in its acquisition of Molecular Products Groups, Ltd., a leading manufacturer of advanced chemistry-based products serving the healthcare, defense and industrial markets.
- Represented Copperweld Bimetallics LLC in its acquisition of the assets of the bimetallics wire business of CommScope, Inc. of North Carolina.
- Representation of Luitpold Pharmaceuticals in divestiture of abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) and associated assets relating to synthetic chemotherapeutic antibiotic drug.
- Representation of BIT Systems (a provider of signal processing and systems engineering technical assistance (SETA) services to the intelligence community) in its leveraged buyout by GTCR Golder Rauner.
- Representation of Arlington Capital Partners and its portfolio company, Chandler/May, in connection with add-on acquisition of developer of prototype unmanned aerial vehicles and systems.
- Representation of Luitpold Pharmaceuticals in acquisition of Roxro Pharma, a late-stage specialty pharmaceutical company that developed Rx nasal spray for treatment of acute pain.
- Representation of FirmGreen, Inc. in its development equity/debt financing and related licensing matters for landfill gas extraction projects.
- J.D., American University, Washington College of Law, cum laude, 2006
- Maitrise en Droit (J.D. equivalent), University of Paris X-Nanterre, magna cum laude, 2004
- New York
- District of Columbia
- International Law Section, American Bar Association
- Former Co-Chair of the Europe Committee and Former Editor of the Committee’s Weekly News Bulletin
- New York State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
Rate : $$$$