Mamta K. Shah has experience advising public and privately-held companies on all aspects of employee benefits law, including the implementation, design and administration of qualified employee benefit plans, nonqualified deferred compensation arrangements, health and welfare plans, and severance, stock option and other equity and/or incentive based compensation plans.
Mamta also has experience in employee benefits issues arising in the context of business transactions, such as corporate mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, with an expertise in benefits integration and disintegration.
Representative Matters :
- Advised boards of directors of public companies, plan administrative committees and plan investment committees on properly discharging fiduciary responsibilities, including counseling on the treatment of revenue sharing paid to 401(k) plan service providers (e.g., 12b-1 fees).
- Counseled management of public and private companies on virtually all aspects of retirement plans and health and welfare plans, including regulatory compliance and administrative matters.
- Counseled management of companies on strategic planning with respect to retirement benefits, including post-acquisition harmonization of employee benefit plans, mergers, spin-offs, plan terminations and plan formations.
- Represented boards of directors as well as CEOs and other executives in negotiation of employment agreements of CEOs and other executives (e.g., 409A, 162(m) and 280G).
- Worked with local Puerto Rico counsel in amending Puerto Rico Plan for compliance with the Puerto Rico Code and ERISA.
- Counseled administrative committee of not-for-profit company in designing and implementing a “dual-qualified” 401(k) plan providing benefits to United States and Puerto Rico employees
- Counseled publicly-held aerospace company with 25 operating companies on coverage testing of 25 separate 401(k) plans and related remediation.
Professional and Community Involvement : Board Member of the Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law – NY Chapter
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 2001
- Georgetown University, M.S., 1997
- New York University, B.A., 1995
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$