Mandi Ballard Clay has experience in a variety of subject matters, including labor & employment, intellectual property, restrictive covenants, and class actions. She represents both public and private sector clients of all sizes by providing guidance before, during and after litigation.
Mandi has experienced the practice of law from both sides of the bench, having clerked for U.S. District Judge Gregory A. Presnell and U.S. District Judge Charlene Edwards Honeywell, both in the Middle District of Florida. She prides herself on being efficient and responsive to her clients and is dedicated to providing practical advice tailored to fit each client’s specific goals.
Mandi truly has a talent for understanding and explaining the law and its nuances in ways that most law school professors and supervising attorneys never could. Her ability to adjust her writing to her audience and articulate complicated arguments in easily digestible facets is greatly admired.
Within the legal community, Mandi is well respected among both practitioners and the judiciary. She began her pro bono work in 2008, her first year in private practice, by representing a teenager who was shot in the back by police officers, giving her immediate trial experience. Mandi is also a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Mediator and U.S. District Court Mediator.
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law, 2006
- B.A., Florida Atlantic University, 2003
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit, 2009
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers, Vice President of Programs, Treasurer & Website Director
- The Florida Bar, Standing Committee on Mental Health & Welness for Florida Lawyers
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, First Place, Middle School Mock Trial (Team Captain), 2013
- Domestic Violence Assistance Program for Hillsborough County, 2011-2014
- Crossroads for Florida Kids 2012-2014, Pro Bono Attorney
- SERVE Volunteers in Education, President 2015, President Elect 2014-2015, Board of Trustees Member 2013-2015, Volunteer, Great American Teach-In, 2012-2014
- Tampa Connection, Class of 2018
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Light the Night Walk, Team Shumaker Captain, 2018
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay, 2013-Present
Rate : $$$$