Manes M. Merrit concentrates his practice in employee benefits and executive compensation matters. Manes has extensive experience with all aspects of planning, structuring, implementing, and maintaining employee benefit and welfare plans and executive compensation arrangements under federal and state laws.
He also provides benefits counseling in connection with complex financial transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. In addition, he provides ongoing ERISA training programs for clients. Manes has written articles for the online employee benefits newsletter International Foundation for Retirement Education and has co-authored the Employee Benefits Plans chapter of the treatise “Start-Up & Emerging Companies.”
He has been a frequent speaker at industry conferences, and previously lectured for the American Management Association’s “Fundamentals of Finance for Human Resource Professionals” program. Prior to joining Olshan, Manes served as a chairman in the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation group in the New York office of Winston & Strawn LLP.
- J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 1977
- M.B.A. in Economics, New York University Graduate School of Business Administration, 1974
- B.A. in History, with distinction, University of Wisconsin, 1972
Bar & Court Admissions :
- North Carolina, 1977
- New York, 1978
- District of Columbia, 1978
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
Rate : $$$$