Manita Rawat practices primarily in the area of intellectual property law and litigation, and serves as the managing partner of the firm’s Silicon Valley office. Ms. Rawat has a strong technical background in applied mathematics with a concentration in computer science, aerospace engineering, and statistical analysis.
Ms. Rawat also has a strong technical background in Biochemistry. As a registered patent attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Ms. Rawat has significant experience in patent preparation and prosecution and patent office post grant proceedings, working primarily with mechanical, aerospace and software technologies.
She also has significant experience with trademark and copyright prosecution, patent and trademark litigation, and commercial litigation. Ms. Rawat counsels her clients in a variety of issues related to intellectual property, including patentability analysis, invalidity opinions, portfolio management and analysis of pre-litigation matters.
Ms. Rawat also assists clients in patent licensing and transactional matters, including structuring, negotiating and drafting agreements.
Ms. Rawat is a 2005 graduate of the University of Illinois College of Law and a graduate of the University of Nevada, Reno. Ms. Rawat also studied at St. Peter’s College of University of Oxford, United Kingdom, through the Intellectual Property Law Scholars Program.
Ms. Rawat is fluent in Hindi and knows basic German. She is also a member of the firm’s governing Partners Board and serves on the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Serves as outside patent counsel and manages a patent portfolio for an American multinational retail corporation by preparing and prosecuting patent applications for the company in various different technology areas. Counsels the client on various intellectual property issues that come up regarding the portfolio.
- Manages a patent portfolio for a large defense contractor, by preparing and prosecuting patent applications for the company in the areas of aerospace technology, signal processing, software technology, and microwave technology. Counsels the client on various intellectual property issues that come up, such as identifying issues that may arise in joint research ventures and licensing of patented technology.
- Manages a patent portfolio for a large publically-traded software company, by preparing and prosecuting patent applications for the company. Counsels the client on various intellectual property issues that come up, including conducting patent infringement and invalidity assessments.
- Serves as outside intellectual property counsel for a large publically-traded company specializing in radiation oncology treatments and software. Counsels the client on various intellectual property issues that come up, including conducting freedom to operate opinions, patent infringement and invalidity assessments, and assessing pre-litigation strategies for the company with respect to competitors.
- Counseled a large resort client on various patent issues, such as determining which technology areas the company may want to invest and proceed with in terms of patent protection and was the primary day-to-day counsel in a patent infringement lawsuit for the client.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Fellow to the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (“LCLD”), 2015-2016
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$