Marc L. Benezra represents public and private entities in commercial matters. Classically trained as a real estate transactional lawyer, he emphasizes real estate and real estate financing, including workouts and restructurings.
Marc has become an authority in defending solvent guarantors in connection with distressed assets/loans, and has most recently pursued overly aggressive special servicers, supervising and developing strategies in these areas. He is committed and sensitive to his clients’ unique situations and needs.
- Successfully represented approximately 30 commercial real estate loan guarantors in resolving numerous matters involving eight-figure exposures. In one case, resolved a more than $20 million guaranty litigation for a walk-away.
- Represented a seller in a $400 million roll-up of medical supply distributors to a private equity group.
- Represented a national retail tenant in general real estate matters, including a lease buy-out by a landlord and an arbitration in connection with fair market value determination as to the extension option.
- Represented an owner of a veterinary hospital in dispute with a general contractor.
- Represented the founder in the implementation of a health-related registry website.
- Negotiated the debt and equity investment of a master-planned community, including hotel, retail, residential, golf course and membership club.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- International Real Estate Trade Organization (IRETO): Past Advisory Board Member
- Ziman Center at UCLA Anderson School of Business: Sustaining Board Member
- New West Charter High School: Founder (2012 to 2013)
- Los Angeles Jewish Community Relations Committee: Past Executive Board Member (2000 to 2006)
- National Board of the UJC/JCPA Israel Advocacy Committee (2005 to 2006)
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of Law, 1985
- M.B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1985
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1981
Admissions : California, 1985
Rate : $$$