Marc J. Feldman is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego office. Marc specializes in insurance litigation. He represents insurance companies in cases involving first-party and third-party claims, personal lines and commercial policies, bad faith claims, complex coverage disputes, class actions and claims under California’s Business and Professions Code.
Marc has tried cases to verdict in California courts, represented insurers in binding arbitrations, and has briefed and argued cases in the California Courts of Appeal and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Marc’s clients include: Allstate Insurance Company, Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company, Mercury Insurance Company, The Travelers Group, and Infinity Insurance Company. Marc is a former President of the Insurance Bad Faith Law Section of the San Diego County Bar Association and has conducted seminars on insurance law for lawyers and industry professionals.
Representative Matters and Results:
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial of bad faith failure-to-settle claim – one of the Daily Journal’s Top Defense Verdicts of 2017.
- Obtained $18 million arbitration award for insurer against third party claim administrator. Award confirmed in court.
- Won defense judgment for insurer after 4-week trial of bad faith lawsuit arising from a water and mold claim for a multimillion dollar estate home.
- Represented insurer in coverage action involving $1 billion claim by SDG&E against subcontractor arising from 2007 San Diego wildfires.
- J.D., Harvard University, 1989, magna cum laude
- A.B., Princeton University, 1985, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Past President, San Diego County Bar Association – Insurance Bad Faith Section
- American Inns of Court – Louis Welsh Chapter
Rate : $$$