With a wealth of experience in complex commercial real estate transactions, Marc B. Heller focuses his practice on acquisitions and dispositions of multifamily properties and development throughout the United States and related joint ventures.
Marc helps clients navigate complex ownership structures, often involving a mix of domestic and foreign investors. Marc also provides general counsel type advice to some longstanding clients.
In addition, Marc counsels owners and lenders in connection with loans, workouts and restructuring. His client base includes major institutional borrowers and buyers, and he has represented lending institutions in over $3.5 billion in commercial real estate loans.
Notable Work :
- National Multifamily Transactions: Represented TruAmerica Multifamily LLC, a major institutional and fast growing owner and operator of multifamily properties (primarily in the western portion of the United States but also along the east coast), with respect to acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, financing, and operational matters. Some of these transactions involved portfolios valued at over $500 million at the time of purchase.
- New York Multifamily Transactions: Represented a suburban developer of multifamily properties in the New York metropolitan area (including joint venture agreements and senior and mezzanine loans).
- Miami Multifamily Transactions: Represented a real estate developer in connection with a complex multifamily development in Miami.
- Developer Restructuring: Represented the developer of a major public infrastructure project in New York City in its restructuring negotiations with a quasi-governmental agency.
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1979, cum laude
- B.A., Utica College, 1975
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$