Marc Levey is a partner in the New York office of Baker McKenzie. He has over 46 years of experience in international taxation and is nationally recognized in his field, particularly in structuring and defending transfer pricing strategies. He has frequently been acknowledged by Euromoney as one of the “World’s Leading Tax Advisors,” included in its “Best of the Best” global tax experts.
Mr. Levey serves as the chair of the Firm’s Luxury & Fashion Industry Group. He was the past chair of the Firm’s Global Transfer Pricing Steering Committee. Mr. Levey’s practice focuses on transfer pricing and cross-border transactions, tax controversies and litigation, general corporate, international and partnership taxation, and restructuring multinational company’s global operations.
Mr. Levey represents a wide range of clients in proceedings before the IRS and federal courts and has substantial experience in handling tax controversies. He has worked in various industries such as pharmaceuticals and life sciences, financial institutions, energy, automotive, chemicals, electronics, consumer goods, gaming, fashion and luxury products.
- University of Miami School of Law (LL.M. Honors) (1983)
- University of Cincinnati (J.D.) (1972)
- Wilkes University (B.S. Economics) (1969)
- New York~United States (1988)
- California~United States (1983)
- Illinois~United States (1982)
- District of Columbia~United States (1974)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- India’s Taxmann – Advisory Board Member
- BNA Foreign Tax Portfolio – Advisory Board Member
- International Tax Journal – Advisory Board Member
- University of Cincinnati College of Law’s Corporate Law Center – Advisory Board Member
- American Bar Association – prior vice chairman, Affiliated and Related Tax Party Committee
Rate : $$$