Marc Packer focuses on corporate and securities law matters, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Packer’s practice encompasses both U.S. and cross-border transactions, including mergers, tender and exchange offers, stock and asset sales, restructurings, joint ventures, spin-offs and proxy contests, as well as advice to corporate boards of directors regarding their fiduciary obligations, corporate governance and strategic matters.
Mr. Packer has advised acquirers (both strategic and private equity), target companies, special committees of boards of directors, significant shareholders, financial advisors and underwriters.
His clients have included companies in the technology, software, communications, energy, consumer products, pharmaceuticals, real estate, mining, professional sports and financial services sectors.
Mr. Packer’s transactions include his representation of:
- Amadeus IT Holding SA in its $830 million acquisition of Navitaire LLC, a subsidiary of Accenture plc, and in its related strategic alliance with Accenture focusing on digital travel services;
- Castle Harlan, Inc. in various transactions, including its acquisition of Tensar Corporation, its acquisition and subsequent sale of IDQ Holdings, Inc., its acquisition of Securus Technologies, Inc. and several portfolio company recapitalizations;
- The Sage Group plc in various transactions, including its acquisitions of Intacct Corporation, PayChoice, Emdeon Practice Services, Inc., Verus Financial Management, Inc., Timberline Software Corporation, ACCPAC International, Inc. and Interact Commerce Corporation, and Sage’s disposition of Sage Software Healthcare and certain noncore businesses;
- Lawson Software, Inc. in various matters, including an investment in Lawson by Carl Icahn and the acquisition of Lawson by Golden Gate Capital and Infor;
- Meridian Gold Inc. in an unsolicited exchange offer by Yamana Gold Inc. and the subsequent acquisition of Meridian by Yamana in a three-way combination with Northern Orion Resources Inc.;
- Evans & Sutherland Computer Corporation in the sale of its military and commercial flight simulation business to Rockwell Collins, Inc.;
- Business Objects S.A. in its acquisition of Crystal Decisions, Inc. in a transaction that required clearances under both U.S. and French securities laws;
- Exodus Communications, Inc., as debtor-in-possession in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Cable & Wireless plc;
Currently based in Skadden’s New York office, Mr. Packer also has worked in the firm’s Palo Alto office and in its London office, where he was a leader in the firm’s European emerging markets practice focusing on the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
In 2015, Mr. Packer received a Client Choice award in the General Corporate category from International Law Office and Lexology, which recognizes attorneys who stand apart for the excellent client service they provide.
Rate : $$$