Marc Paul is the immediate past chair of Baker McKenzie’s North America Corporate & Securities Practice Group and the North America Private Equity Subgroup and North American representative in the Firm’s Global Private Equity and Global Merger & Acquisitions steering committees.
Mr. Paul’s practice — both internationally and domestically — focuses on private equity and venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and public and private securities transactions.
He has represented private equity funds, growth companies, investment banks, financial institutions and multilateral agencies in transactions throughout the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Additionally, Mr. Paul acts as outside general counsel to numerous business entities — from large multinational corporations to domestic start-up companies.
- Harvard Law School (J.D. cum laude) (1986)
- University of London (School of Slavonic and East European Studies) (M.A.) (1983)
- Harvard University (A.B. cum laude) (1982)
- District of Columbia~United States (1986)
- Pennsylvania~United States (1986)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented the World Bank in connection with capital-raising activities for numerous carbon finance funds.
- Represented New Energy Capital in connection with its purchase and subsequent sale of interest in Iroquois Bio-Energy Corporation for USD115 million.
- Represented Alion Science and Technology Corporation in connection with its leveraged employee buyout, its IPO and its subsequent USD250 million and USD310million Rule 144A debt offerings/Exxon Capital exchange offers.
- Represented UPC Polska, Inc. in USD900 million debt restructuring.
Rate : $$$