Marc Selden concentrates his practice on sophisticated estate and tax planning for high net worth individuals and families, including the preparation of wills and trusts, insurance planning, family limited partnerships, family limited liability companies, defective grantor trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, charitable trusts, residence trusts, dynasty trusts, and prenuptial agreements.
Marc also assists clients in setting up domestic and off-shore asset protection structures, including the preparation of domestic and foreign asset protection trusts. In addition, he counsels executors and trustees administering complex trusts and estates.
Prior to joining Cozen O’Connor, Marc was a partner at a mid-sized New York City firm and before that, he was the managing attorney of his own firm, Selden Law Group, P.C., an estate planning boutique, for 14 years. Marc is a nationally recognized lecturer on estate planning and asset protection topics.
Marc earned his bachelor’s degree, cum laude, from State University of New York at Albany. Marc earned his law degree from Syracuse University College of Law and his LL.M. in taxation from Boston University School of Law where he was ranked fifth in his class.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 1993
- Boston University School of Law, LL.M., 2015
- SUNY–Albany, B.A., cum laude, 1990
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of New York
- Wealth Counsel; President of the WealthCounsel NY/NJ Forum, 2009 – present
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section
- International Fiscal Association, 2014 – present
- Laureate Center for Wealth Advisors, 2009 – present
Rate : $$$$