Mr. Marc A. Sockol is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group and the former Office Managing Partner in the firm’s Silicon Valley office. Marc specializes in intellectual property rights. He applies his technical and legal skills to client counseling, portfolio analysis and development, preparation and prosecution of patent applications, preparation of patentability, invalidity and noninfringement opinions, and the assertion and defense of patent litigation claims.
He also has experience in trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, open source and technology licensing. Many patents that he has drafted have been litigated and have brought licensing revenue to his clients. Recent examples include three patents for a software company involving data synchronization and three patents for a network security company.
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law, 1992
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of California, Davis, 1989
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- State Bar of California Intellectual Property Section
- American Bar Association Intellectual Property Section
Rate : $$$