Marc R. Wezowski practices in the field of intellectual property law, with a focus on chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology litigation, including, in particular, litigation arising under the Hatch-Waxman Act.
Marc’s experience includes advising and advocating for clients at all stages of product development and patent litigation, from providing freedom to operate opinions, through the various forms of discovery, to completion of trial and appeal.
Marc also has experience helping clients navigate regulatory requirements imposed by the Food and Drug Administration, including Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (“REMS”) program requirements arising under the Food and Drug Administration Amendments Act of 2007.
Marc also has experience authoring and otherwise contributing to inter partes review proceedings under the America Invents Act, particularly with regard to patents listed in the FDA publication “Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations”.
Prior to joining Husch Blackwell, Marc practiced at a large Chicago-based intellectual property firm. He also spent time as a research associate in Northwestern University’s Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer’s Disease Center, studying tau-positive inclusions in frontotemporal lobar degeneration and motor neuron disease-associated dementia.
Additionally, he worked as an associate in Federal Signal Corporation’s legal department and taught in the University of Michigan’s Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology.
Experience : Aided Sigmapharm Laboratories in arguing for claim construction. Court adopted proposed construction verbatim.
Community Leadership :
- University of Michigan Alumni & Student Mentoring Program, 2015-present
- Loyola University Chicago Institutional Biosafety Committee, 2009-present
- Food Gatherers Community Kitchen, 2009
- University of Cape Town Refugee Law Clinic, 2008
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School
- M.S., Loyola University Chicago
- B.S., Loyola University Chicago
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- American Bar Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Loyola University Chicago GOLD Alumni Association
Rate : $$$