Marcela Lozano is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Business Litigation and International Dispute Resolution Practice Groups. Raised in Colombia, Marcela has experience representing a wide range of Latin American and other foreign clients in the United States as well as domestic clients in international transaction and litigation matters, including civil asset forfeiture defense, regulatory compliance and financial services.
She’s experienced in prosecuting and defending state and federal claims involving corporate and partnership disputes and has represented foreign financial institutions against money laundering actions and advised domestic financial institutions on compliance matters.
Marcela offers her Latin American and foreign clients the ability to draft legal documents and prepare witnesses and experts in Spanish. She also provides representation for clients in matters involving the The Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
Marcela has served on the Board of Directors of the Bakehouse Art Complex, a South Florida art-incubator that provides studio and gallery space to over 60 contemporary artists. She currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Colombian American Chamber of Commerce.
- University of Florida School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- Vice-President, Spanish American Law Student Association
- University of Central Florida, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude, 2006
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, 2018 Class Pathfinder
- South Florida District Export Council of the U.S. Commercial Service
- Bakehouse Art Complex
- Board of Directors (Secretary)
- Executive Committee (2015 – 2017)
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Colombian American Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors
- Hispanic National Bar Association
Rate : $$$$