Marchella Mcginnis was born in Hillsboro, Ohio and graduated from The Ohio State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science.
She moved to Florida in 2014, and has been with the Coye Law Firm for two years. She graduated from Barry School of Law in May 2016 and passed the Florida Bar shortly thereafter.
Marchella handles Social Security, Veteran Affairs, and Long Term Disability cases. She also assists our Family Law department by handling some adoption cases. Marchella has a passion for helping families and children in foster care, and currently serves as a Guardian Ad Litem in Osceola County and Orange County. She was also recently sworn into the Federal Court for the Middle District of Florida.
In her free time, Marchella enjoys hiking and other outdoor activities. She has three Siberian huskies, Apollo, Alaska, and Athos; four cats, Amelia, Schrodinger, Sasha, and Rogue; and one rabbit, DarkFire.
Less than a week after finding out she had passed the Florida Bar, Marchella said “yes!” to her boyfriend of two years, Michael. He proposed to her at Disney World, in front of Cinderella’s Castle. Marchella and Michael tied the knot on their third year anniversary together – May 4th, 2017. They’ve recently become parents to a beautiful baby girl, Melia Ann, in April of 2018.
- Barry School of Law, J.D., 2016
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2013
Associations & Memberships:
- Federal Bar Association (Middle District of Florida), Member, 2017-Present
- Orange County Legal Aid Society, Member, 2016 – Present
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Member, 2016 – Present
- Florida Guardian ad Litem Program, Ninth Judicial Circuit, Guardian Ad Litem, 2015 Present
- Daughter’s of the American Revolution, Member, 2011 – Present
Rate : $$$$