Marci Anne Eisenstein has spent the last 30 years defending major corporations against more than 100 class action challenges in federal and state courts nationwide. She is one of few lawyers in the country to try a nationwide consumer class action to verdict.
In 2015, Marci was elected managing partner of Schiff Hardin, becoming the first woman to hold this top post at the firm. She remains among a handful of female managing partners in big law firms across the United States. Marci is also a strong mentor and champion for diversity in the legal profession. She was a founding member of the firm’s Diversity Committee in the early 2000s.
A proactive leader, Marci is known for developing solutions and delivering service through collaboration. This starts with the team she handpicks for each case she handles, based on each lawyer’s experience and knowledge of the client’s industry and the business and regulatory climates in which they operate.
As national coordinating counsel in complex, high-stakes class actions, Marci regularly consults with local counsel to gain their perspectives on judges, juries, and local practices. This team-based approach enables Marci to create winning strategies that achieve the client’s business goals while controlling costs.
In addition to practicing law, Marci is an active and longtime board member of the Illinois chapter of JDRF, the world’s leading organization funding type 1 diabetes research.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1979
- Radcliffe College (now Harvard College), Harvard University, B.A., 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
Rate : $$$$