Marci Schmerler’s practice focuses on secured and structured financing; equity and debt restructuring; and acquisition, sale and asset management and leasing of multistate commercial real estate projects for real estate advisers and other institutional and entrepreneurial investors (owners), portfolio and securitized lenders, servicers, and owners including banks, REITS, life companies, specialty finance funds, and pension funds.
Marci has experience in structuring and negotiating joint ventures, secured and mezzanine finance transactions, and formation and asset management for real estate debt and equity funds. She also handles master and special servicing transactions (workouts, foreclosures, and sales of REO) for banks, investors, and servicers in the portfolio and syndicate lending and securitization industry. She has significant acquisition, sale, development and financing transaction experience involving owned and leased real estate for non-real estate companies.
Marci has set up and managed commercial loan conduit programs for conduit lenders sponsored by notable investment banks and specialty finance funds, and has handled the closing of hundreds of loans of every property type (core, hospitality, healthcare, and nontraditional) assets in most every state.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A.,cum laude)
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (B.S., cum laude)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- State Bar of Georgia
- Real Estate Section
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Member, Risk Retention Task Force
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Finance Council, formerly known as CMSA
- Co-chair, Document Integrity Committee (2003-2006)
- Servicers Forum, High Yield Debt Forum and Portfolio Lender Forum
Rate : $$$