Marcia L. DePaula focuses her practice in the areas of labor and employment law and higher education. She represents hospitals, manufacturers, banks and corporate clients in complex litigation.
Ms. DePaula defends employers before administrative agencies, including the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and in state and federal courts for claims involving employment discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
She provides counseling on employee policies and procedures for accommodations, discipline, termination, and investigations of employee misconduct. Ms. DePaula has extensive experience in commercial and business litigation, including breach of contract actions, matters arising under the Uniform Commercial Code, banking litigation and compliance with advertising and consumer protection laws, FTC statutes, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and Truth-in-Lending Act.
Ms. DePaula advises energy companies on state and federal matters, including local government ordinances, land development, wage and hour issues and employee policies. Ms. DePaula advises universities on employment issues, GDPR, GLBA, Title IX and Title VII.
- Trial counsel for complex commercial litigation, banking and labor and employment law
- Drafts sexual misconduct policies to comply with Title IX guidelines and provides training to Title IX Coordinators, investigative teams and hearing panels
- Counsels multiple higher education institutions regarding the release of information and compliance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Represents energy companies in litigation matters involving challenges to local ordinances and pipeline/land development disputes and in conditional use approvals and related development
- Represents financial institutions in matters involving commercial and residential foreclosures
- J.D. University of Pittsburgh
- B.A. University of Pittsburgh, summa cum laude
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- Delegate to the European Union Visitors Program in Brussels, Belgium, where she discussed potential solutions to deceptive sales over the Internet
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
- Pittsburgh North Regional Chamber
Rate : $$$