Marco de Sa e Silva is the former chair of the firm’s real estate and land use practice group and represents clients in real estate transactions and land development projects. His work includes commercial real estate purchases and sales, subdivisions, aquatic projects, wind energy projects, surface mines, timberland transactions, SEPA environmental review, land use code interpretations and zoning letters, development agreements, condominium creation, and mixed-use projects.
He helps clients resolve ownership and use issues and create easements, restrictive covenants, ground leases, and licenses. In 2016 and 2017, Marco taught courses in Real Estate Transactions at the University of Washington School of Law. Marco’s land use planning background includes frequent representation before government agencies and extensive work in acquisition due diligence and permitting. He has represented clients in land use hearings before more than 50 different administrative agencies and courts throughout Washington.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Visiting Lecturer, Real Estate Transactions, University of Washington School of Law, 2016-2017
- Board of Trustees, Bellevue Schools Foundation, 2011-2014
- Executive Committee and Chair of Governance Committee, Bellevue Schools Foundation, 2012-2014
- Pro Bono Attorney, Habitat for Humanity, 2003-2010
- Executive Committee, International School PTSA, 2004-2009
- Board of Directors, SPLASH, 2006-2016
- President, Board of Trustees, Norwood Village Corporation, 2007
- Executive Committee, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Washington State Bar Association, 2005-2007
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 1989
- Member and Associate Editor, Washington Law Review
- B.A., English, Columbia University, 1982
Rate : $$$$