Marco Molina focuses his practice on international litigation and arbitration, complex commercial litigation, securities litigation, anti-corruption matters, white-collar criminal defense and bankruptcy litigation. Well-versed in foreign aspects of litigation, Marco brings a multilayered worldview to his practice.
- Senior member of the BakerHostetler team working as counsel to the court-appointed Securities Investor Protection Act Trustee in the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC:
- Serves as lead counsel in one of the active Madoff-related litigations against a BVI investment fund.
- Conducts multinational investigations in the United States, Austria, Lichtenstein, Italy, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Luxembourg and the Caribbean to trace billions of dollars of assets stemming from the Madoff Ponzi scheme.
- Participates in parallel foreign proceedings relating to the Ponzi scheme, including criminal proceedings in Austria and Liechtenstein, and a civil trial in England.
- Representing Mexican entertainment company in dispute with New York artist agency company that is subject to AAA arbitration in New York.
- Representing Honduran construction company in dispute with property owner that is subject to AAA arbitration in New York.
- Served as lead counsel on a state court commercial litigation involving an Italian shipping company on issues arising under international and maritime law.
- Represented a Colombian national in response to SEC and DOJ subpoenas and on issues relating to his extradition from Colombia to the U.S.
- Represented a Greek company in U.S. commercial dispute involving significant international discovery efforts in Italy.
- Representing the court-appointed receiver to a large New York financial company with respect to litigation in the Southern District of New York and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals concerning breach of fiduciary issues and consumer finance laws.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2008
- B.A., Miami University, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2010
- New York, 2009
Rate : $$$