Marcus Brown is a Shareholder in the Dallas office of Ogletree Deakins. Marcus has over a decade of experience in offering practical solutions to multi-national, national, and small businesses facing complex employment and labor law issues.
Marcus works directly with in-house legal departments and human resources managers to develop effective strategies for maintaining positive and productive employee relations; compliance with a wide array of federal, state, and local employment laws; and litigation prevention.
Marcus’s approach involves more than just a basic recitation and application of the law. Rather, his approach incorporates a focus on the client’s business needs and culture in order to develop a solution that is not only in compliance with the law, but also advances the client’s corporate objectives.
In addition to his experience successfully litigating a significant number of claims brought before federal and state courts, arbitrators, and administrative agencies, Marcus has extensive experience developing realistic case assessments and cost-effective litigation and pre-litigation strategies on a variety of matters, including anti-discrimination and anti-retaliation claims, wage and hour issues, protection of trade secrets and confidential information, covenants not to compete, and breach of employment agreements.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2005
- B.B.A., Southern Methodist University, 2002
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Defends single and multi-plaintiff discrimination claims
- Defends individual claims and collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Advises clients on compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and other state laws regarding employee leave
- Counsels clients regarding termination decisions, wage and hour issues, and other personnel matters
- Prosecutes and defends claims regarding the enforcement of non-competition, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements
- Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- National Employment Law Council
- Texas Minority Counsel Program Steering Committee
Rate : $$$$