Marcus advises and represents project owners, designers, contractors, and construction managers on all aspects of private and public construction and supply contracting. His practice includes drafting and negotiating construction and design contracts, assisting clients on day-to-day project issues and dispute resolution, including mediation, domestic and international arbitration (including ICC) and litigation.
Marcus has prosecuted and defended a range of multimillion-dollar complex construction disputes involving contractor terminations, differing site conditions claims, delay and change order claims, design and construction defect litigation and lien claims.
He counsels clients on procurement issues, including contract reviews, bid protests, navigating the FARs and local regulations unique to public contracting, and preparing and defending claims including requests for equitable adjustment.
- Associate, Construction and Government Contract Practices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP, Washington, D.C., 2003-2008
- Staff Attorney, Claims Resolution Tribunal, Zurich, Switzerland, 2002-2003
Professional & Community Activities:
- German-American School of Portland, Vice President of the Board, 2009-present
- United States Professional Tennis Association, Professional 1, 1996-2002, 2009-present
- Tennis Instructor and Assistant Men’s Tennis Coach, Pacific University, Forest Grove, Oregon, 2011-present
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Industry
- Association of General Contractors (AGC), Member of Legal Operating Committee, Oregon Columbia Chapter
- LL.M., International and Comparative Law, Georgetown University Law Center, 2002, with distinction
- Focus on International Construction Law and International Arbitration
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law, 2001, cum laude
- B.A., Psychology, German, University of Vermont, 1996
Rate : $$$$