Marcus J. Williams advises some of the best known public and private companies in the Western United States in corporate finance, securities compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate law. Marc’s practice focuses primarily on public and mature private companies, including mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, and ongoing corporate governance and securities compliance matters.
His representative engagements include HomeStreet’s $100 million initial public offering and its $124 million acquisition of Simplicity Bancorp; the Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation’s $904 million capital contribution into American Homes4Rent, LLC; a $1.2 billion refinancing, including a $460 million senior note offering, by JELD-WEN; the $120 million acquisition of Williams Controls by Curtiss-Wright Corporation; Semitool’s auction and $364 million sale to Applied Materials; and McCormick & Schmick’s response to its unsolicited tender offer and the resulting auction and $131 million sale.
He also has represented underwriters and investors in the financial services, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, hospitality, and consumer products industries, and has served as special counsel to boards of directors and committees, including the audit committee of one of the world’s best known consumer products companies.
- Naval Flight Officer, United States Navy; enlisted Marine, United States Marine Corps
- FAA Licensed Airline Transport Pilot (Single and Multi-Engine Land and Single-engine Seaplane) and Commercial Glider Pilot
Professional & Community Activities:
- Advisory Board, Los Angeles Sports and Entertainment Commission
- Member Securities Committee and Legislative Committee, Washington State Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2013-present; Chair, 2016 – Mary’s Path, Santa Ana, Calif.
- Board of Directors, Family Services of King County, 2003-2006
- J.D., Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, 1997, cum laude
- B.S., Political Science, History, Auburn University, 1988
Rate : $$$