Marcus Maples is a shareholder in the Firm’s Birmingham office and a member of the Business Litigation Group. Marcus counsels business clients from a broad range of industries in all matter of business disputes.
Marcus defends directors and officers in litigation involving fiduciary duty claims, shareholder disputes and allegations of minority oppression. Marcus also litigates disputes over trust and estate matters including disputes involving fiduciaries, will contests and trust litigation.
In addition, Marcus serves as national counsel for domestic and international construction companies handling all aspects of construction law including drafting contracts, pursuing and defending claims, arbitrating disputes, and litigation matters in various jurisdictions throughout the country. He also defends manufacturers and energy companies against environmental and toxic tort claims.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2006
- University of North Alabama, B.A., 2002
- Alabama, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of officers and directors of financial institution in defense of shareholder derivative claims.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of accountant in defense of multiple claims and causes of action asserted by Plaintiff.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of mortgage servicer in defense of claims of wrongful foreclosure and other related servicing claims.
- Successfully defended trustee against claims of self-dealing and theft of trust assets in large estate.
- Represented numerous clients in connection with estate and wills and trusts disputes and litigation.
- Resolved dispute of heirship land between sixty plus land owners with some individuals retaining ownership of the property and the other owners receiving their fair share of the value of the property.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- DRI, Life Health and Disability Steering Committee
- Magic City Bar Association
- Alabama Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Former Member, Board of Trustees – Farrah Law Society
Rate : $$$$