Marcus R. Tucker is an Admiralty, Energy and Litigation Partner at Phelps Dunbar LLP, Houston Texas Area. Marcus Tucker’s practice includes the Maritime litigation, Construction litigation, Personal Injury, among others. He is also an excellent arbitrator.
Also, Marcus Tucker litigates and gives legal advice on matters of indemnity and insurance on behalf of both corporate clients and insurance companies.
Marcus attended Baylor University where he bagged B.B.A. in 1987 before proceeding to the University of Texas and graduated with a Juris Doctorate in 1990, Phillip Delta Phi.
Marcus is admitted to and licensed to practice in the Texas Courts and U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Marcus is a member of the Maritime Law Association, Trucking Industry Defense Association and the State Bar of Texas (Construction Section and Insurance Section).
- University of Texas, J.D., 1990; Phi Delta Phi
- Baylor University, B.B.A., 1987
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Maritime Law Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- State Bar of Texas (Construction Section and Insurance Section)
- Marine & Energy News Alert: Court Interprets Texas Rule to Allow Oil, Gas Operators to Depose Plaintiffs After They’ve Settled (9/26/2016)
- Whitepaper: “Contractual Risk Transfer: Indemnity and Additional Insured Provisions Under Texas and Maritime Law” (2015)
- Whitepaper: “Texas Claims Handling Manual” (2013)
- “Insurance Coverage Issues Raised by Typical Contractual Indemnity and Additional Insured Provisions in Oil and Gas Contracts,” 57 The Advocate 45 (Winter 2011)
Rate : $$$