A seasoned transactional attorney with more than 30 years of experience in real estate and corporate finance, Marcy N. Hart uses her extensive in-house and law firm background to solve her clients’ complex issues and challenges.
She implements business and practical-minded strategies with respect to real estate acquisitions, dispositions, financing and capitalization.
Marcy represents national and local developers and family offices, along with private equity and institutional investors and funds in complex real estate transactions involving diverse capital sources, including tax credits, energy credits, preferred equity, mezzanine and private and public institutional debt.
She advises her clients on the formation, structure, strategic alliance, capital raising, deployment and investment in and with, joint ventures and portfolio companies, as well as subsequent exit strategies and related acquisition and sale transactions.
She has advised clients on more than $8 billion in debt financings and equity raises with a focus on project finance transactions for developers and investors (including tax equity investors) utilizing historic, new market and renewable energy tax credits and Opportunity Zone tax incentives relating to urban re-use multi-family apartments; suburban residential communities; industrial facilities; urban entertainment centers; educational facilities; retail malls; hospitals; mixed-use projects; and resorts and hotels.
Most notably, Marcy has handled the following representative matters :
- Representation of one of the largest real estate opportunity funds in the U.S. in a variety of matters, including the acquisition of a major department store chain, a national parking operator and national self-storage facilities.
- Representation of an opportunity zone fund in the acquisition and development of several projects in the northeast.
- Representation of a real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition and development of hotel properties throughout the U.S., Mexico and Anguilla.
- Served as national counsel for a leading private equity fund handling real estate matters throughout the U.S., including one of the largest retail sale leaseback transactions in the past five years.
- Representation of a publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT) in the acquisition, disposition, financing and refinancing of multiple regional shopping malls and power centers.
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Marcy was a shareholder at an East Coast law firm, concentrating her practice on real estate, land use, business and corporate law.
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D., 1983)
- Wellesley College (B.A., 1980)
- Building Industry Association of Philadelphia
- Commercial Real Estate Women Network
- International Council of Shopping Centers (Former member)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute
BOARD OF DIRECTORS :
- Lutheran Settlement House
- CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Philadelphia
Rate : $$$