Marcy L. Rosen is attorney of Schiff Hardin LLP. A tax attorney with extensive commercial litigation experience, Marcy L. Rosen provides a strategic approach to her clients’ most complex tax challenges. She advises individuals and businesses on tax planning and controversies at the local, state, and federal levels.
Before joining Schiff Hardin, Marcy was a senior attorney in the Detroit office of an international law firm, where she focused on state and local tax controversies and commercial litigation.
- Valassis Communications, Inc. v. News America Marketing, et al. (E.D. Mich. 2010). Represented publishing company on claim that defendant violated the Sherman Act and state unfair competition laws by engaging in anticompetitive tying, bundling and exclusive dealing. Valassis was awarded $300 million in damages after an eight-week jury trial in state court, and the case settled for a total of $500 million on the eve of trial of the Sherman Act claims.
- New York University School of Law, Executive LL.M., Taxation, 2016
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2004
- University of Michigan, B.A. , 2001
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Tax Court
CIVIC AND CHARITABLE MEMBERSHIPS:
- State Bar of Michigan, Pro Bono Initiative of the Committee on Justice Initiatives (2012-present)
- Federal Bar Association for the Eastern District of Michigan, Diversity Committee, Co-Chair (2011-present)
- Anti-Defamation League, Regional Board Member
Rate : $$$