Marcy Tench Stovall practices in the areas of professional liability, civil litigation, appellate practice and employment law.
In professional responsibility matters, Marcy regularly represents law firms and attorneys in malpractice litigation, as well as licensing, disciplinary and sanctions matters.
Since 2000 she has served on the Connecticut Bar Association’s Committee on Professional Ethics, which issues opinions on attorney ethics, and currently serves as its chair.
Marcy Tench Stovall authored
- “Lawyer Mobility and Imputed Law Firm Disqualification: Implementing Timely and Effective Ethical Screens,” (Connecticut Lawyer);
Marcy Tench Stovall co-authored
- “Attorney Advertising in Connecticut: Everything You Need to Know about the New Era of Oversight and Regulation,” (Connecticut Lawyer);
- “Conflict Waivers: When in Doubt, Spell It Out,” (Connecticut Lawyer);
- “Responding To a Disciplinary Complaint: The Do’s and Don’ts” (Connecticut Law Tribune),
- “Advancing Client Costs: Pitfalls and Changes in Rule 1.8(e),” (Connecticut Law Tribune)
She has been a presenter at seminars on attorney ethics, professional responsibility and law firm risk management.
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association: Committee on Professional Ethics – chair; Liaison to the Connecticut Courts Rules Committee, 2012 – present
- Bridgeport Bar Association
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers
Rate : $$$