Margaret Ann Brown’s practice focuses on commercial finance for non-profit and for profit companies and institutions of all kinds, real estate-based financing transactions and troubled loan workouts. She represents a number of national, regional and local banks and non-bank lenders, as well as borrowers, in all aspects of secured and unsecured credit transactions.
Her practice includes representation of providers of letters of credit, revolving lines of credit, real estate construction loans for many different types of commercial real estate, permanent real estate loans, loans to non-profit entities, loans for health care and senior housing facilities, loans secured by many types of personal or business assets, asset-based lending, community development loans, financing for investments of high net worth individuals and loan purchases and sales.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a lender in a $67 million syndicated construction/bridge loan in connection with the historic renovation and re-development of a bank headquarters building in Baltimore, Maryland, as a residential and retail mixed-use project.
- Represented a lender in a $27 million construction and interim loan to the private equity fund developer of an independent living senior housing facility located in Tarrant County, Texas.
- Represented a lender in a revolving credit facility for a company secured by real estate tax certificates issued by multiple taxing authorities.
- Represented a lender in a series of term loans and line of credit for a company and its subsidiaries and a large restaurant group in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Represented an agent bank in two syndicated loans totaling $120 million to finance the construction of a mixed-use (residential and retail) project in Washington, D.C.
- Represented an agent bank on a $68.5 million syndicated construction loan for a downtown office building master leased to the developer.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1977
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1974
BAR ADMISSIONS : Virginia, Louisiana, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$