Margaret A. Dale is a versatile first-chair litigator and handles complex business disputes for clients across a wide variety of industries. While her practice covers the spectrum of commercial disputes, Margaret regularly handles privacy and data security matters, including regulatory investigations and class action lawsuits stemming from data breaches.
She also focuses on intellectual property, where she represents individual artists and arts-related organizations and museums. Margaret’s practice also includes matters involving securities, corporate governance, asset management, bankruptcy and insolvency.
Margaret maintains an active pro bono practice focusing on issues relating to women, children and veterans. She also serves as Chair of the Board of Directors of the Center for Family Representation, and as a member of the Board of Directors of VLA (Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts).
At Proskauer, Margaret also serves as the Vice-Chair for the Litigation Department, and heads the Litigation Department’s Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Group. In addition, Margaret is the lead editor of Proskauer’s blog on business litigation, Minding Your Business.
Margaret is an author of the chapter titled “Admissibility Issues in Commercial Cases” in the treatise Commercial Litigation in New York State Courts (Haig, ed). Margaret also authored the chapter, Data Breach Litigation in Proskauer on Privacy.
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1989
- Rutgers College, B.A., 1986
Admissions & Qualifications : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, New York, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Center for Family Representation, Co-Chair of the Board of Directors
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Member of the Board of Directors
- New York State Bar Association (Former Secretary of Commercial and Federal Litigation, Former Editor of NY Litigator)
Government Service : Assistant District Attorney, Kings County District Attorney’s Office, Brooklyn, NY, 1991-1994
Rate : $$$